I've been asked to produce an automated response to new followers and I'm
scratching my head over how to go about handling this. I have the login to
the accounts in question, we're not fancy enough to have Oauth, and I may or
may not have access to the email account behind the given Twitter ID. I
don't think a third party Oauth tool fits with where we're headed.

   How are others doing this? Scanning followers, greeting, and then putting
them on a private list of those who've received a greeting? We minimize the
amount of context we keep as a matter of policy - if we can perform a given
process with DMs, lists, and favorites it's very likely something we ought
to not be doing in the first place.

   So ... I am curious to hear how others have solved this problem.

--
mailto:n...@layer3arts.com //
GoogleTalk: nrauhau...@gmail.com