>From the streaming API documentation:

"Reasonably focused track predicates will return all occurrences in
the full Firehose stream of public statuses. Overly broad track
predicates will cause the output to be periodically limited.  After
the limitation period expires, all matching statuses will once again
be delivered, along with a limit message that enumerates the total
number of statuses that have been eliminated from the stream. Limit
messages are described in Parsing Responses."

My use case is tracking a set of users (follow), and in addition
monitoring a list of hashtags (filter). Several questions:

a) Does this qualify?

b) How many hashtags and/or followers would I have to track to
unqualify and start getting rate limited?

c) Do follow predicates get a higher priority? If I get rate limited
temporarily, what will be limited - the hashtags, the followers, or a
random combination of both?

d) If one of my hashtags becomes a trending topic, how does that
affect the streaming api limit?

Thanks!

Jonathon Hill
http://twitter.com/compwright