Hi,

I am building an app that will programmatically update my twitter
status every hour or so. It will update my status from a server
running without any interaction from me.

>From what I have learned, I should use OAuth rather than basic
authentication. It seems that basic authentication is to shut down
June 2010 (which seems rather soon).

I have spent a day and a restless night reading OAuth specs and then
dreaming about them all night long :( I am guessig that I need the 2-
legged model rather than the 3-legged model as there is to be no user
interaction and my consumer application wants access to a single user
resource only - a resource it is directly tied to. Hence my
application is both the consumer and the user.

I have read the 2007 spec that was put out on the 2-legged model. I
have also read the most recent OAuth 1.0a spec which seems to ignore
the 2-legged model. Doing a search for 2-legged or two-legged on this
website yields nothing which make me think that what I am trying to do
- programmatically update a user status - isn't something anyone would
want to do. As that seems totally unlikely, I am wondering if I am
totally barking up the wrong tree.

Can something help point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
   Grant