Hi,

Have a look at profile_image_url in API response for @jack's first
tweet at  http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/show/20.xml
 and any other recent tweet (
http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/show/11000892805.xml
).

The profile image url is different in these two tweets though they are
for the same person, @jack.
 Does this mean that the profile_image_url is(was?) linked to a tweet
(and not to user) ?  Is this a known issue?

I don't have any problem with tweets giving me old profile image url
as long as they are valid and working. The profile image returned by
tweet id 20 gives a 403 most of the time.

Regards,
Vinay.