hi -

we have a caching issue regarding embedded <user> objects in <status>
objects.  its something that is on our minds to get repaired and rectified.
 so, yes, this is a known issue.

our current suggestion, and i apologise for the pain, is to call users/show
on the user to make sure that you have the most recent user information of
the user you are looking at.  alternatively, their latest tweet -probably-
has the most recent data.

--
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team