Why can¹t your application itself track this information? If it¹s a web app,
it should be trivial... If it¹s any other kind of app ­ if it can connect to
Twitter, it should also be able to connect to your web service and
periodically check in... That way you¹ll have accurate info up to the last
tweet, as opposed to extrapolating a random sample and piping millions of
tweets to find those that were send with your app.