Hi Rich,

You are correct on most points here: the access token does not expire until
the user explicitly revokes it.

Twitter doesn't offer any kind of lifecycle events at the moment that can
directly tell your application when a user has revoked their token. Instead,
you'll just get an appropriate HTTP status code when you attempt to use an
expired/revoked access token.

Today access tokens tend to be deterministic, but they should always be
considered as opaque identifiers. One should never rely on the access token
being the same for the same user through multiple access token negotiations.
Always assume that the only valid access token & secret pairing is the one
provided to you through the access token OAuth step at the time of
execution.

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod