On 04/02/2010 10:05 AM, Nigel Legg wrote:
> > Thanks Raffi, I won't go near those retweet functions.
> > As for the popularity stuff, will the algorithm you use be open?  It
> > wouldn't be good for either side if someone else developed a popularity
> > index which showed different results from yours.

As long as the API is open and the social media ecosystem is a
competitive landscape, there *will* be people developing both open and
"closed" popularity and other tweet and tweeter ranking scores. And
they'll all give different but similar scores / rankings. And there
will
be spammers trying to game them, whether they are open or closed. So -
make friends with an IP attorney and get your provisional-patent-
application-writing software ready. ;-)