I've got a Streaming API collector going, collecting tweets from the
Portland, Oregon area. For those wishing to do likewise, the bounding
boxes are 'locations=-123.2,45.2,-122.2,45.75'. I noticed a few days ago
that, even though I have Location turned on for my tweets, and they are
getting tagged with my location, they weren't showing up in the
Streaming collector.

I think I see what's happening now. The tweets that are showing up in
the collector have the "coordinates" attribute set with a "Point" type.
I think most of them are getting set by Foursquare and not something in
Twitter. My tweets, though tagged in Twitter with a "place" attribute,
have a null "coordinates" attribute.

I'm guessing I should file this as an issue. I would think, though it's
obviously a bit more work, that a "locations" filter should include all
tweets tagged with a place if that place is inside the bounding boxes.

I have no strong opinions on the definition of "inside", though. Should
it be any part of the place, all of the place, or the centroid of the
place? Maybe a quick hack would be to stuff the centroid of the "place"
into the "coordinates" attribute. ;-)

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
borasky-research.net/m-edward-ed-borasky

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~ Paul Erdős