Hi Developers,

We're listening. While the popular result option in the Search API is
absolutely opt-in at present, we are reevaluating the many arguments members
of the developer community have against it becoming default API behavior. We
are meeting with the teams involved to review the feedback and make
decisions on the future of the search API. I'll make an official
announcement once that decision is reached. Feel free to leave more
feedback.

In the meantime, you can prepare your applications for either outcome by
specifying the result_type parameter in your Search API URLs. When I'm
personally given the option to specify my intent, regardless of a default,
assumed intent, I'll always specify.

Taylor Singletary
"all of us have a place in history. mine is clouds." - Richard Brautigan
http://twitter.com/episod