I am a member of a team working on a new startup to classify twitter
search results into various categories. Kinda cool, check it out
http://twecan.com/. However, not all queries may work, and sometimes
you would have to resubmit them as mentioned by Ryan.

On Apr 12, 7:04 pm, Ryan W <rwilli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is anybody else seeing a high frequency of search timeouts?
> Seemed to be working fine until yesterday.

YES! same thing.

> Here's the weird part though.
>
> First case:
> - execute complex search directly in browser and it times out like my
> app gets on App Engine
>
> Second case:
> - run a simple, single word, search in a browser
> - then run the complex search immediately after and it works
>
> It's almost like it has to be primed? It also seems like the "-source"
> parameter is the problem, but that could just be anecdotal and clouded
> by my second case example above.

To me it looked random, re-running the same query seems to work
sometimes and then fail. We thought it was our caching strategy which
we worked all night yesterday optimizing so that we don't hit twitter
search as much, yet we often get timed out. Wonder if someone is
looking into this.

--
Hatem
Twecan Developer