On Apr 14, 5:05 pm, James Teters <jtet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any ideas on size limitations or restrictions for this meta data?
good question; I have the same one.

simple math based on average tweet status byte size (of status
structure coming through the streaming or REST interface) tells us
that it wouldn't take much being jammed into the annotation's field to
double that size. what status size increase is Twitter's
infrastructure ready/willing to tolerate?

it seems to me that a few things are NOT candidates for the
annotations field(s):
- void * (for you old schoolers on the list)
- media who's original native format is binary (e.g. photos/videos)

annotations will need limitations like:
- overall size
- if key/value pairs become the model... they'll need individual size
limitations (for name and value)
- max number of pairs
- etc.

the whole thing feels driven by the answer to the original "size"
question.

another question would be whether or not the tweet originator can
remove annotations that others put on their tweet? I'd assume that I'd
have control over my original tweet in that manner (e.g. "notes"
functionality on Flickr)