My question is similar to this post <http://groups.google.com/group/
twitter-development-talk/browse_thread/thread/
5d37e76f8efed028/2052210d4cd2bcea?lnk=gst&q=token#2052210d4cd2bcea>.

I am using TweetSharp 1.0 with a WPF 3.0 C# application.

I request that the user allow the desktop application to update their
status at certain times in our application workflow. If the user
grants permission, I store the access token and access token secret in
the registry for use in future sessions.

I could encrypt the token secret before persisting in the registry,
and decrypt before using in my call to Twitter, but the encryption key
would still be in the desktop application. This seems a bit better
than not encrypting the token secret, but is the gain in security
significant?