Raffi,

It's not about people using or not using rogue apps. It's about rogue
apps poisoning the annotation data and ruining it for everybody.

Rogue apps can continue to refresh their consumer keys with new
accounts and OAuth app registrations, as soon as the one currently in
use is suspended.

Meaning, a new class of rogue app will emerge. Ones with the express
purpose of getting their data into the namespaces.

To name one example (with reference to Marcel's examples):

- A rogue app that creates tweets with an affiliate link in the
<amazon> namespace.