On 04/16/2010 01:51 PM, Dan Webb wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> At the moment there are 2 references to jQuery.  We'd rather load in
> our own version of JQuery rather than detecting it in partner pages so
> we can be assured of the version we are running on top of.  The reason
> its loaded twice is that it's used both on the client and on the
> server that exists in a hidden iframe.  A large amount of users will
> have google's jQuery cached so it doesn't slow performance too much.
> That being said we will continue to tune @anywhere and removing
> external dependencies will be something we'll definitely be looking
> at.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dan

Thanks to Twitter for @anywhere and a commitment to fast pages. Google
now uses page load speed in its ranking algorithms, and I'm axing a
bunch of slow WordPress plugins (including - wait for it - Google
Analytics). ;-)

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
borasky-research.net/m-edward-ed-borasky

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~ Paul Erdős