Also, make sure that your application is capable of both read and write
access -- we have a deploy in queue that will make this easier to notice,
but in the mean time you can verify and toggle the setting at
http://twitter.com/oauth_clients/

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod