Your thoughts are welcome and I can help reassure you that what you describe
is actually the case. The area where there's some question and bugs is that
once you've gone through the process of re-establishing a r/w capable access
token, it might take a bit for the cache to cough out the access token with
the elevated privileges. Our implementation is such that each access token
issued has the r/w flag on it, based on the state of the client application
at the time of issuance.

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod