On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 5:32 AM, Adi <aditya.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
[..snip..]

> This whole thing takes quite some time (>15 seconds) for the "first
> time" to display the tweet box. In subsequent calls this thing is as
> fast as expected.
>
> The wait between pressing "tweet" and watching the tweet box appear
> for the first time when someone presses tweet is extremely long, and
> almost entirely taken up the anywhere function call (I checked with my
> ajax call - doesn't take any time).

Do you have Speed Tracer
(http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/speedtracer/) or Firebug installed?
Can you see if the time spent is waiting on the request for the iframe
content to be returned from the twitter origin servers? If I had to
guess it's the response being slow returning and that's the delay that
you are seeing. We've got some World Cup stuff we are starting working
which is going to have @Anywhere on it so I'll have more experience
with it. Having gone through this with another companies Social Widget
launch recently I can tell you it's a crapshoot as to how quickly the
content renders in the browser.

-steve