You might be experiencing some issues due to a bug that is slowly purging
itself from our systems.

Judging by the error, your JSON parser is stopping because it was trying to
coerce a user node that only had an id into some other construct, and it's
refusing to do so without a created_at field descending from the user node.
The bug we have going through the system is such that on a users/show call,
we are embedding a user node in the status object that is embedded in the
user node.

The bug has been fixed but its impact has not. We're working to clear this
up as quickly as we can.

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod