Yeah, I thought I remember something about xAuth not being open to general access to desktop. Must have misremembered.
On 5/9/2010 10:51 AM, Raffi Krikorian wrote:
sorry - let me try to clarify, and if this is not clear on
dev.twitter.com <http://dev.twitter.com>, please let us know so we can
update the docs.

"native" applications (desktop and mobile) can have permanent access to
xAuth.  web applications cannot.  web applications can be granted
temporary (approximately 7 days) access so that you can "bulk convert"
your users from basic auth over to oauth.

does that help?

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 4:51 PM, John Meyer <john.l.me...@gmail.com