Net::Twitter has an OAuth role that you can use:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Net-Twitter/lib/Net/Twitter/Role/OAuth.pm

Take a look at the examples section on that page. The first example
demonstrates a typical pattern for authorizing the client and storing
the access token on disk.

One complication you're going to run into is that people who use your
client will need to generate their own consumer key/secret pairs,
because you can't distribute your secret in the open. Take a look at
the "authorize" command in Marcel and Raffi's twurl client
(http://github.com/marcel/twurl) for a good example of how to handle
this.

Dana

--