If you're only needing to use a single user account in your implementation,
you don't need to implement the entire OAuth flow to accomplish your goals.

You can either go ahead and implement the flow, protect it in your
application such that only you have access to it, and then persist the
access token you receive until the end of time (or whenever you decide to
expire it, just like any other OAuth-enabled application).

Or you can use a feature we have on the dev portal that will quickly give
you the oauth_token and oauth_token_secret that comprise your access token
-- then persist those values and only have to implement the resource-based
OAuth components. You can find out more about using the single token
approach here: http://bit.ly/1token -- you'll just go to your registered app
in the dev portal, click the "My Token" link in the sidebar, and copy those
values into the proper place in your application.

Keep in mind though, that if you are following any protected accounts, it
might not be appropriate for you to expose your friends_timeline for the
public to see. Having a follow relationship with a protected account is kind
of a loose social contract...

Taylor Singletary
Developer Advocate, Twitter
http://twitter.com/episod