I am having trouble sending a direct message with:
http://api.twitter.com/1/direct_messages/new.xml

I have been able to successfully post status updates with my code
using oAuth.
I have a java based custom application that is working fine for these
updates.

When trying to post a direct message I get 402 errors with "incorrect
signature".

Basically I am using the same signature generation as update except I
replace
status with text and add user at the bottom of signature generation.
Just like
the oAuth example page on twitter.

Then I pass the two parameters in the request body.

I also tried moving everything to url parameters but got the same
error.

Is there anything special about parameters for direct message when
using
oAuth?

Does it sound like I am doing this correctly with my post/body method?

Thanks,
...Dave