GET /users/search returns profile search results based on names,
screen_names, bios, etc so yes.

You can use a single account to authenticate but you might run into rate
limit issues. To avoid that you can have your users authenticate using OAuth
to do the searches.

Abraham
Abraham Williams | Hacker Advocate | http://abrah.am
@abraham | http://projects.abrah.am | http://blog.abrah.am