Hi,

Pardon my ignorance here as a 1st time poster.
My actual requirement:
My web app using jQuery/Juitter needs to access my twitter account's
private List of people I am following.

I am trying to use a proxy service with a java servlet on the
serverside to access the Twitter API.Basic Auth is not going to work
and the next option was OAuth which lead me to the server-side
solution with java/Twitter4J.

I need to get a Browserless authorization exchange for my web
application.Ideally, I would like to use the Consumer key and secret
instead of username and password but I do not want to display the
Authorization page for the backend access from my web application to
my twitter account via the Twitter API to happen.Curently, I am trying
to use Twitter4J to access the API with the Consumer key and secret
and get a 401 authentication credentials error.

I have looked at this post which asks to provide username and password
in the POST.Is xAuth the option I should use for my web app to access
my twitter account's private List of people I am following ?

http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Twitter-REST-API-Method%3A-oauth-access_token-for-xAuth

Appreciate any feedback for a newcomer with Twitter.

Vijay