I'm trying to grab api.twitter.com/1/statuses/retweeted_by_me.json
using CURL and PHP, with OAuth authentication. I'm able to get the
user_timeline.json without any problems, but for some reason, I keep
getting an error "Could not authenticate with OAuth" when I try to
retrieve the retweeted_by_me data using the same method.

In the documentation (http://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/statuses/
retweeted_by_me), it says that authentication is not required for
retweeted_by_me, but when I try to access the page without
authenticating first, it tells me it cannot authenticate me. So I'm
guessing that authentication really is required.

If anyone knows any tricks or special instructions needed for
retrieving the retweeted_by_me data, please let me know.

Thanks!

Carl