There are a few ways to go about this, and some are easier than others. The
easier the solution, the less control you have over the experience provided.

I'll assume your Orkut application is OpenSocial-based. If you have a remote
server component to your Orkut application, you may find it easiest to
integrate with the Twitter API from the perspective of your server. You
would then issue gadgets.io.makeRequest calls to your own servers, which
would proxy the necessary requests to Twitter. This alleviates the need to
store any of your API credentials within your gadget spec.

Orkut makes OpenSocial gadget specs publicly available, so you can't use any
solution that would present your consumer secret directly within the gadget
spec.

The simplest solution is just to pre-construct a link to Twitter.com with a
status message pre-populated. This solution also gives you the least amount
of control. http://twitter.com/?status=something

There is no solution you can use where you'd have the user directly enter
their login and password into your OpenSocial application.

Another option you can look into, though you'd have some minor security
concerns, is using @Anywhere within your OpenSocial application. I haven't
personally tried @Anywhere with OpenSocial, and there are likely some
technical hurdles you'd have to overcome with targeting the proper IFRAMEs.

Finally, there's another option though I don't know how easy it is to get
the Google team to do the necessary steps. OpenSocial includes an OAuth
Proxy that requires you to pre-register your remote service (Twitter)
credentials with the social network (Orkut) and then use the OAuth proxy to
communicate without compromising your tokens in a publicly available gadget
spec.

Taylor