Without an authentication token for a user, there's no way to get their DMs
and other private and protected information. Follow gives you tweets and
retweets by those users, not tweets bound for those user's timelines. You
can use track to find mentions, including replies.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Infrastructure Twitter, Inc.