The search API's available corpus of tweets for search varies -- it's not
always exactly a week, as tweet velocity has an effect on how many tweets
can be made readily available for searching. Search also contains only a
portion of the total amount of tweets in the system at any one time:
http://support.twitter.com/groups/32-something-s-not-working/topics/118-search/articles/66018-my-tweets-or-hashtags-are-missing-from-search-known-issue

Thanks,
Taylor