On 10-08-15 01:13 PM, Tom van der Woerdt wrote:
On 8/14/10 7:21 PM, Rajinder Yadav wrote:
On 10-08-14 09:20 AM, Tom van der Woerdt wrote:
On 8/14/10 5:22 AM, Rajinder Yadav wrote:

On 10-08-13 08:35 PM, Rajinder Yadav wrote:

Hello,

I'm not having success with the following code, I get a "Sorry, page
doesn't exist!" webpage. I am using the OAuth v0.4.1 gem.  Your help
and guidance is very appreciated, thanks!

If I type the following out in IRB, it seems to work, but of course I
can't redirect from the shell.

class HomeController<   ApplicationController

    def index
       @consumer = OAuth::Consumer.new( "bLXXXXXXXXI9szbXTJQnXKA",
         "XXXXXXXXXXm41S6SYEy9uYR5oiAUxToPvQUlMd6g9A",
         { :site=>"https://api.twitter.com/oauth/request_token"; } )

        @request_tok...@consumer.get_request_token

        session[:consumer]      = @consumer
        session[:request_token] = @request_token

        redirect_to @request_token.authorize_url
    end

end

Hi I found by making the following change I now see the allow/deny page.
However when I click on allow, I do not get redirected back to my
callback page?

@consumer = OAuth::Consumer.new( "bLXXXXXXXXI9szbXTJQnXKA",
         "XXXXXXXXXXm41S6SYEy9uYR5oiAUxToPvQUlMd6g9A",
         :site=>"https://twitter.com";,
         :request_token_path =>   "/oauth/request_token",
         :authorize_path     =>   "/oauth/authorize",
         :access_token_path  =>   "/oauth/access_token",
         :http_method =>   :get ) )

What I am seeing in the pin page, saying:

You've successfully granted access to XXXX_TestApp!
Simply return to XXXX_TestApp and enter the following PIN to complete
the process.

How do I get Twitter to return back to my callback page on my site? My
app type is correctly set to "browser".

--

Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav

Hi,

You should send theoauth_callback  parameter, as specified by the
documentation.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I have tired sending oauth_callback, made sure that my callback url
matches exactly the one specified in twitter app setting, something like
this:

redirect_to @request_token.authorize_url + "&oauth_callback=" +
CGI.escape("http://myhome.dnydns.org/callback";)

I am testing the site from home using dynamic dns setup, would this be
causing the problem?
Also in the call to OAuth::Consumer.new, should the http_method be :get
or :post ?
I've also changed :site=>"https://twitter.com"; to, :site =>
"https://api.twitter.com";
I'm still not sure what I am doing wrong and I feel like I am chasing my
tail!

Hi Rajinder,

Sorry if you misunderstood my last message. You are supposed to send the
callback in your oauth_callback parameter. If you get the PIN page, then
you send "oob" - out-of-bands, as your oauth_callback.

Section 2.1 of RFC 5849 (OAuth 1.0) specifies oauth_callback as REQUIRED
- so, you are probably already sending it (either that, or Twitter
doesn't follow the specifications).

Also, it is a part of Section 2.1 of the OAuth specification - the part
where the client talks to the server. The line you changed was Section
2.2 - the redirection part.

Tom
Hi Tom,

I finally figured it out, the examples for RoR using OAuth seem to be stale. I was peeved at what seems to be a 'simple' process has to get so complicated.

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav