Is there anything in the terms of use about best practice for auto-
tweeting?

I refer to the irritating practice an app automatically tweeting a
viral message from your account when you authenticate. e.g. "I just
got 50% somethingfactor on somelameapp.com, what's yours?"

It should be against the terms of use to do this without the *minimum*
of a warning message, e.g. "logging in will send a tweet from your
account" - best practice would be an opt-in checkbox or some such UI.

There needs to be a way for applications to be reported for doing this.