Hi K,

A great place to get information on Twitter-wide policies, limits, and just
about everything else is our help center at http://help.center.com

Here are two relevant articles on that subject:
Our rules & best practices on automation:
http://support.twitter.com/articles/76915-automation-rules-and-best-practices
About your specific action:
http://support.twitter.com/articles/68809-trying-to-tweet-produces-a-duplicate-text-error

We don't publish the exact time frames required for waiting before issuing a
duplicate tweet; it changes.

Thanks,
Taylor