Another one hits the MySQL brick wall.
I'm surprised someone with as much data as you have have managed to
stay with MySQL for as long as you have.
I must have been a real pain to constantly fight the loosing MySQL
optimization battle.

It would be very interesting to know what made you choose Cassandra
over other NoSQL solutions.
I hope you will post a nice blog post about this, why you chose
Cassandra? What alternative have you considered?