Hi Claudia,

We have some examples of using single access tokens on the developer
resources site which maybe of help. They show single token examples
for C#, PHP, Python and Ruby. They only show getting a home timeline
but the general structure is the same.

You can find them here:
  http://dev.twitter.com/pages/oauth_single_token

Hope that helps,