I've got a Perl script that pulls the whole follower/friend list down as a CSV file. You get 100 names with each API call and 350 calls per hour with oAuth, so unless you're Breaking News, you should be able to grab your complete contact list in a reasonable amount of time and do the sort in Excel or OpenOffice.org

See Github

http://github.com/znmeb/smart-at-znmeb/tree/master/Desktop/Demos/Contacts/

for the source. This is the non-oAuth version, which only gets 150 API calls per hour. As soon as Twitter gets the open source oAuth functionality deployed, I'll be releasing the oAuth version.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://borasky-research.net http://twitter.com/znmeb

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." - Paul Erdos

Quoting Taylor Singletary <taylorsinglet...@twitter.com>:

Hi there,

We don't currently offer any sorting methods for followers and followings.
However, you should be able to easily sort by screen_name, even for users
with many followers and followings, by using a combination of followers/ids
& friends/ids in conjunction with users/lookup. In most cases, you should be
able to get all the screen names for both within 3 or 4 API calls, then
cache the results and store and sort locally.

Finding out who is on your lists is also possible with the lists/members
methods described here:
http://dev.twitter.com/doc/get/:user/:list_id/members -- compare the ids of
the members of a list with the ids you have in friends/ids and you can
easily calculate the delta.

Taylor