This is super news.

However, if you're going to force web services to use Site Streams
when it is in production ("sites must only use the REST API for data
that is not available through User Streams"), then please add the
ability to subscribe only to certain elements. For example, we need
the ability to subscribe to only Follows, or to only Tweets and
Retweets, etc.

You make note that each stream may consume significant bandwidth (>
1MB).

If a web service does not make use of the user's Follows, or of the
user's Tweets, then it makes no sense to consume that bandwidth with
the dead-weight of the elements that are not used by the service.

I understand that Site Streams is in beta now. I'm putting in this
request for when it is in production and we are forced to use it.