Matt,

Thank you very much!

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: twitter-development-talk@googlegroups.com
[mailto:twitter-development-t...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Matt Harris
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 11:04 AM
To: twitter-development-talk@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [twitter-dev] Re: Change in error response objects

Hey Steve,

To expand on Tom's message, Basic Auth is no longer supported on the Twitter
API and you need to update your script to use OAuth. In addition you want to
make sure the URL you are calling is pointing to
http://api.twitter.com/1/statuses/update.xml - all API requests should go
through http://api.twitter.com now.

Information about transitioning from basic to OAuth is here:
    http://dev.twitter.com/pages/basic_to_oauth

There are community libraries available which may be of help:
    http://dev.twitter.com/pages/oauth_libraries

Hope that explains why your script stopped working and what you can do to
get it working again.
Matt

<spec...@floodgap.com>wrote:

>>> --
>>> Raffi Krikorian
>>> Twitter Platform Teamhttp://twitter.com/raffi
>>

> --
> Twitter developer documentation and resources:
> http://dev.twitter.com/doc API updates via Twitter:
> http://twitter.com/twitterapi Issues/Enhancements Tracker:
> Change your membership to this group:

Matt Harris