On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 15:20:15 -0700 (PDT)
Herb <taa.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Has all to do with Twitter.
> Changing to OAuth was really not needed and the problems for this
> change really obvious in first place, but since Twitter has that much
> users they probably feel that they can do whatever they like.
> Didn't find any way to use successfully OAuth for some Linux
> application in two weeks,

As I said, my application works, on Fedora, Ubuntu Lucid, OpenSUSE and
MeeGo.

Look at http://chronicon.sourceforge.net.

It is also in my launchpad ppa, and in my yum/zypper repos at
build.opensuse.org.

There are other twitter clients that also use qoauth. As far as I know,
those are working as well.

> Terminal updates for sure never will work
> again and and and..... the list is endless.
> This raise the question why there is a Twitter API at all available if
> the usage is not user friendly at all.
>
> Well, point is if this situation continuous for some time it may
> provides a way for something else that is better usable than Twitter.

There already is StatusNet. You can run your own service, or subscribe
to identi.ca.

Of course the value of twitter is the large number of users. Most
people use twitter to publish their content, so the number of readers
is what they go after.

--
Bernd Stramm
bernd.str...@gmail.com