Yes, right now my server acts like an automated client for one account
(never more), it handles messages and dms, follows, etc.

In my case it sounds like I'll be ok just using two connections then,
one to the statuses/filter streaming api, and one to the user stream
for my site's account.

Though, if the site streams do offer the same Friendship, Blocks,
Favorite and Retweet events, I might as well implement that way,
assuming I do get granted access.

Thanks for the feedback