Hey there,

Perhaps your IP is blacklisted. Mine was once for a short time. When it was
a % of calls were still accepted for some reason.  Do you see the same sort
of results despite which api call you make?  If you do you might want to
send a note to a...@twitter.com with your ip address asking them about it.

Cheers,

Tim.