Iterate through and scoop and paginated results of the lists on a cron job. No real time possibilities.

Best,

--------------
Edward H. Hotchkiss
http://www.edwardhotchkiss.com/
http://www.twitter.com/edwardhotchkiss/
--------------

On Nov 3, 2010, at 1:46 PM, Adam Nason wrote:

Twitter limits each user account to 20 lists. I have three accounts
with different purposes but need the 60 lists across these three
accounts to be displayed on one page on my website. Each list link
needs to be clickable to the status updates from that list (in that
same page likely using ajax). They are private lists (created for
viewing only in the app) and I would like to keep them that way though
I will take them public if absolutely necessary.

I'm just the content manager asking this on behalf of the developer so
I know little about oAuth but this is how it has been explained to me:
"When you request an access token you send Twitter a current timestamp
and that timestamp is used to make a signature_basestring. With that
signature, you sign every request you send to Twitter. It's a bit
tricky not to enter login/pass manually when Twitter asks you to do
that." And then there is my concern about the security of my accounts
if they are "logged into" on a public, live webpage (warranted/
unwarranted? not sure).

The developer mentioned that even if we take the lists public, we
would still need to use oauth/logins to retrieve status updates from
the lists. What he proposed is doing the oauth/logins process behind
the scenes periodically during the day (based on cron.php timer) and
displaying cached messages to users of the app. My preference is to
display in real-time assuming that I can get the other two accounts
whitelisted. Only one of the accounts is whitelisted for 20,000
requests (per hour?).

So the advice I'm seeking is a bit open-ended as to how proceed from
here. Private/public lists? Display real-time vs display cached
version? Security concerns? The developer is still pretty new to the
API so we're hoping someone can toss us a bone here. Thanks!

<<inline: edward.png>>