Looking at Gnip's website they have the "contact us for pricing" links -
will Twitter & Gnip be making the pricing for the various levels public?

Will companies that license the data be allowed to, in turn, sell services
on top of that data - i.e. will this spark a new generation of products such
as Scout Labs (now Lithium) or other analytics tools which are built by
companies who have negotiated for full or partial firehose access but which
are then used by clients of those companies each of whom will configure
different queries and searches to monitor?

And on a more technical level will Gnip and Twitter work together to make
the transition for developers who might start building/testing a tool using
Twitter's free API's but then later migrate to Gnip's commercial feeds as
seemless as possible? Will the API calls etc be similar (or identical but
with different URL's?)

And a further query - you emphasize that this is for "non-display" services
- does that mean, for example, that an analytics tool built using the new
Mentions feed from Gnip cannot display the underlying Tweets that are
returned by that feed? This would seem to severely limit the value and
utility of such analytics to many businesses (who might want to reply to
many of those messages, might want to follow people on Twitter discussing
their company/brand/industry/competitors, and in almost all cases will want
to view the full Tweet w/rich metadata not just a summarization of #s of
tweets etc.)

And/or would a business focused Twitter client - CoTweet, Hootsuite,
Tweetdeck etc be able to offer (perhaps as part of a professional version)
such enhanced Mentions feeds and display them within that application?

thanks,

Shannon

(I'm not an active developer at the moment but I am consulting some business
clients on a range of social media tools and as analytics and the
appropriate use of them is a core part of my recommendations I'm following
these developments closely and look forward to I hope new competitors in the
analytics space soon)

Real Things - http://realthings.posterous.com/
Slow Brand - http://slowbrand.com
Searching for the Moon - http://shannonclark.wordpress.com
cell: 1.510.333.0295                 Twitter - rycaut