I can't really speak much on the topic of the analytics tool. I can say that
you'll find most everything in Twitter is focused on real-time -- whether
it's search results, the tweets available for a given user timeline, or the
general structure and emphasis presented by our UI. There's not much on
Twitter that allows one to dwell on the past.

Taylor