Thanks Taylor et al. for the responses. If there's a chance that I can
get a copy of this data (any format/type would be awesome) for a
project I'm working on, I'd love to hear from you ;)

Right now, I've daily trend data (20 top trends for each hour of the
day) from December 2008 to present day, but it is potted due to a bug
in a script that was sucking it down.

I'm more than happy to give any developer a copy of what I have if it
might help others, just drop me a line.

I can see that if Twitter are building analytics tools that maybe
releasing this data might cause some internal debate, but I'm happy to
discuss my project ideas with the Twitter folk if it'll help my
request of course.

Thanks again,

James