You should check a number of things:

1) Be careful about auto reply to Tweets. You should check Twitter
Terms of Service to make sure you are not doing anything you
shouldn't...

http://support.twitter.com/articles/76915-automation-rules-and-best-practices

2) You may be being rate limited... there are limits on the number of
Tweets you can send in a day (1000, I think). Although a status update
does not count towards your hourly limit, there may be other
unadvertised features coming into play if you are repeatedly tweeting,
sending duplicate tweets and so on. You may need to monito the http
response headers for clues here.