If you need a step by step tutorial on doing this with PHP, and want
something that shows you exactly where to get the right OAuth keys and
use them in the code, you can try this tutorial:
http://140dev.com/twitter-api-programming-tutorials/hello-twitter-oauth-php/

The sample code uses Matt Harris' OAuth library, and Abraham's library
also a good choice.

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Jason Rennie <jwren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Hopefully this question hasn't been asked a million times already and
> I was just searching for it badly, but here goes.
>
> I played around with the twitter API back in basic authentication
> days, and I was asked by a friend to put something together for him.
> In the old days it would have been straight forward enough, but i'm
> very confused about doing it with the oAuth mechanism.
>
> Basically what is wanted is a form on a web page that will allow an
> anonymous user to enter some text and then have that short text turned
> into a tweet on twitter on one particular twitter account.
>
> The text will be checked and massaged first to remove things like
> URL's, rejected if there are black listed words etc.
>
> It is intended as a "send prayer request" button for the twitter
> account @worldprayr so that people can post prayer requests from the
> blog page of the site.
>
> With the old twitter API, authentication wise this would be straight
> forward. The username and password would end up in the php file for
> the script and used as needed. With the new oAuth stuff however I am
> totally lost. All of the guides seem to talk about going through the
> "allow an account to access your twitter feed" box and things like
> that. However, I don't need any of that.
>
> I really just need to get the authentication tokens setup once, set
> those in the php script and away we go.
>
> But I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this.
>
> Thanks for any help you can offer, I am dreadfully confused.
>
> Jason

> Change your membership to this group:

Adam Green
Twitter API Consultant and Trainer