I don't know if you already ran across this but I too am a newbie to Twitter
API.

I was just using this to test twitter post from processing.

It shows how to setup Twitter app to get 0Auth keys - you can use the
wordprayr twitter account as the "app".

http://tinkerlondon.com/now/2010/09/14/oauth-twitter-and-processing/

Hope this helps.