Thanks Matt for forwarding this issue.

As other developers already mentioned, it would be great if Twitter
could offer versions of the Tweet Button functionality that work on
mobile phones, too. (Like Facebook does with its mobile and touch UI
versions of its Facebook Share feature.) Something like this should
not be too hard to provide and would certainly increase Twitter
integration on mobile sites without requiring each and every mobile
site developer to (re-)implement a Twitter app for this.

Regards, Thomas