Hi Umashankar,

Just an additional note that Twitter doesn't yet offer an authenticated
search API -- the Search API is subject to per-IP Address rate limits that
are apart from the rate limits afforded in the standard REST API on
api.twitter.com. If your primary goal is to provide ad-hoc search, then the
unauthenticated Search API will work for a limited amount of queries (but
will require a larger caching infrastructure on your part as you grow).
Another alternative with unauthenticated search is to push the search API
queries to the client (web browser) so that the search query limits apply to
the user's IP address that is utilizing your application.

If you're going to be tracking multiple search queries and are providing
those tweets for display to your users, then the Streaming API is probably a
better fit. It's wise to consider the end-user-authenticated variations
provided in User Streams and Site Streams (which might be better for your
scenario) http://dev.twitter.com/pages/streaming_api

What kind of search-based app are you looking to build?

Taylor