also, check out Twitter Widgets. You can pull in tweets based on search,
profile, or list-- so you might be able to use that.

Since the request is client side, rate limiting is not going to be as big of
an issue. You could also completely customize the UI if needed, both through
the form Twitter provides to generate the UI as well as with plain old css.

http://twitter.com/about/resources/widgets

If you need any help, I would be happy to help you off the list.

Peter Denton
Co-Founder, Product Marketing
www.mombo.com
cell: (206) 427-3866